Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I transfer files from PC to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I've been able to connect my Laptop to my PC with Parallel cables, but how do I transfer files. One is a host and the other one is a guest. Once I'm connected successful, how do I get to transfer files from one to the other?
For example; shared folders.

Sarah

When you say you've connected your computers together with parallel cables, do you actually mean parallel port printer cables, or do you mean you've just connected the parallel ports together?

It is certainly possible to transfer files across using the parallel ports, but you will generally required some software to do this, e.g. LapLink etc., and you will certainly require the correct interconnecting cable.

If your Laptop has the option, far better to look at using the RJ-45 network connector or fit a PCMCIA network adaptor, and then fit a suitable network card into your main PC.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

I've just been able to get direct cable connecting to work. I don't think you can transfer files/folders from guest->host. Haven't checked that yet. When the guest computer shows the window named after your host computer containing the files that have been tagged for sharing, just open Windows Explorer on your guest computer, and drag and drop folders/files from the host to the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back