Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I toggle between exporting different subsets of fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardaardvark

Technical User
Aug 7, 2007
US
How do I toggle between exporting different subsets of fields

I use File Maker pro version 6.0 on a Mac and would like to know how I can easily export different subsets of fields from my records. I know how to cherry pick the fields each time, but that is tedious when one of my subsets contains about a couple score of fields, another contains a different few dozen or so fields, still another may contain several baker's dozens of fields and yet another may contain a completely different bevy of fields. In my work, I have to switch amongst exporting these different subsets and it is time to check to see if someone out there knows how to do this easily. I know how to duplicate the entire file and to set the default of each copy to export different subsets of fields, but that is also tedious as each time I want to update the records or fields, each copy has to be updated. If you know how to do this easier, please let me know. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back