Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I tell which service pack is installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrobert

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2003
US
I came on board a company after the previous IT admin left and I need to find out which service pack, if any, he had installed on windows 2000 server. I am having problems with Outlook Web Access and I think a fix in service pack 2 has solved this but I would like to make sure there are no packs on there first. Thanks for any help.

Sidenote: Has anyone had trouble with some messages not showing up in Outlook Web Access? If you send an html message and check it through the web access you are able to see it, but if it is edited through Word and sent then you cannot see it. Not sure if that is the exact solution, just curious if anyone has seen this. Thanks

That first post was not specific and incorrect. I meant to say how do I find out which service packs are installed on Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, not Windows 2000 Server, sorry about that.

The sidenote stands correct still. Thanks

This is Windows 2000 Server forum, you need to be over in the Exchange 2000 Server forum. Go there, and check out this thread: thread858-624929

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

That will only give the OS service pack info, not the Exchange service pack info, which is what he's looking for.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Thanks guys, got it now. Ended up going to the System Manager and then the Servers tab as lander215 suggested through the link. Thanks for the help and sorry for posting on the wrong board.

Open Windows Explorer and go to the install folder of the Exchange server.

From the BIN directory, search for and then select STORE.exe.

From to the Explorer menu, select File > Properties to view the properties of STORE.exe. Alternatively, you can right-click on STORE.exe to view the properties

Select the Version tab to view the Exchange Service Pack Level of the Microsoft Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back