Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I stop users deleting "Recurring" Instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sange

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
AU
Hi, I am currently using version CR10 & CE10.

I have developed a report which is accessed by users via Crystal Enterprise. The report runs daily for a number of locations.

Typically, a user will view the report instance for their location and then delete the scheduled instance once the report is no longer required - usually the same day.

However, there are also times when the user will also (accidentally) delete the "recurring" instance and as a result, I would like to know if there's any way to allow users to delete a report instance but not the actual recurring instance.

I thought I could do this under the report's "Rights" setting but when I checked the "Advanced" option, I found I could explicitly deny users the option to "Delete instances" but I'm assuming if I enable this, it will mean users will also not be able to view the report instances when they are no longer required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

That is correct - there is no way to prevent them from deleting just the "recurring" instance. I'm not sure whether "limits" are available in CE, but you might want to look at using that instead. Basically, you would deny users the right to delete the instances and then would set a limit to keep instances just a couple of days. That way the instances don't accumulate, but users can't delete what you don't want them to.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks hilfy - good to know that I was on the right track. I guess this means I will be setting up limits to stop them from deleting! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back