Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I stop the mail server from wrapping my text at 60 characts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2004
CA
I am an admin with a little development experience so I'm not sure if this is enough info to describe my problem.

A help desk we deal with sends tickets to us via email from their remedy system. We are supposed to respond by using an HTML file that is attached to their emails. This is a BIG PITA when our Exchange server is acting up! We have no control over the Exchange server.

I wrote an application ( mail-in database ) that parses out the emails and creates our own version of the tickets. Everything works fine, but we want to use Lotus Script and our Domino server to build and send our reply emails. I wrote some code to take are of that, but the email body text in our outgoing emails is being wrapped at 65 characters. This is causing the Remedy system at the other end to drop everything in the text after 65 characters.

Short replies get logged, but longer ones are not complete.

I have tried using both Text and RichText for the email body and the results are the same. I have played with both my User Preferences and the server's Configuration Doc. The text still gets wrapped.

I am sure the problem lies in our server config doc, but I haven't been able to figure out which setting.

Any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back