Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I stop form feed for Subreport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

be35g

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
US
Hi all,

I have the same problem that was detailed in thread 767-746339 on 1/10/2004. Using 8.5 I have a communications report that shows an outgoing request in Detail A and the response message in Detail B. Detail B is a subreport linked by the transaction ID in Detail A. This report prints on continuous paper and I have set the paper size as 3 inches to minimize paper use between transactions (the report serves as a log, not a formal report). Since the form length is 18 lines (no margins), if Detail B is longer than that length, a form feed occurs between Detail A and Detail B, even if Detail A is only one line.

I have turned off all of the page before and page after switches as well as all of the "Keep Together" options with no help. I don't know if the Page Header for the subreport is causing this since you can't change the Page Before value or what else may be doing it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wesley

The page size of the main report will be honored, not sure which you were referring to as you start speaking of the sub only and then formatting.

Windows controls the printing, not Crystal.

-k

be35g, have you checked the [Keep Together] option in the subreport object itself? In Crystal 8.5, this is distinct from the [Keep Together] of the main-report section and subreport sections, you get it by right-clicking and [Format Subreport]. It's easy to overlook and I had problems when I first statrted using subreports.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Madawc - that was magic. I had done all of the other things prior to posting the first message, but your suggestion did the trick. Thanks for making my day.

Wesley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back