Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i stop CustomView Director counting transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ede07

Technical User
Nov 20, 2007
GB
Hi All,

We use customview director to display realtime calls stats for a call center. The problem we have is at the end of the day customview director is aprox 100 calls higher than the seagate reports we use.

I believe this is down to transfers counting on director, how do i remove transfer calls from counting on director?

Thanks

Steve

Which canvas are you looking at? What version of callcenter? What version of Director and Schema are you using? It would just be a matter of modifying the canvas report tallies in question using Producer.

Sadly, hartwell is right. The only way I've found to stop Director from counting Transfers as additional calls is to have your agents use #8 transfers.
This is due to the trans\disposition filters Director uses for its pre-programmed call fields. I can't recall the exact ones right now but you could look them up in the Aspect Data Dictionary. It's very easy to filter them out of custom SQL-based reporting solutions but there's no way in Director canvases.
We actually brought this up with Aspect and they claim this is working as intended and most of their customers prefer it that way. Personally, I think most users don't even notice.

We got over this by pushing the transfers through a different cct/app and didn't include it in the reporting, you could do a similar with the canvas by having a field with transfer app and do a calculation to take away from the originating

ie
app 1 inbound
app 2 transfers

do a calculation app1-app2 and present that on the canvas

Andy

Transfers are call type 2, call disposition 14 on the detail tables.

And yes, the easier way would be to push the transfers to a separate application number.

I think the calls that show up on Director but are excluded from reports are call type 2, trans type 2, disposition 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back