Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I skip a page when Duplex Printing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostCait

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2001
US
HELP PLEASE!!
I have a report which prints out member records. I have the report working great now for one-sided printing - having the member name footer have a "New Page After" when that patient is finished printing. I also reset the page number several times in printing that member record depending on the type of record it is. So, any one member could have printed 5 pages, all of them with "Page 1 of 1" at the bottom depending on the records.
We now have a duplexing printer and the powers that be want to make full use of it and cut paper expense. Here's my problem: I created a formula to keep a cumulative count of the pages that are printed (since I can't use any of the Page Number formulas in Crystal because I keep resetting the page number). How can I tell Crystal that when it prints the member footer, and the page is an odd-numbered page, to leave the next page blank? I want every new member grouping to start on an odd page because if it starts on an even page, then it is printing on the back of the previous member's record.

I have "New Page After" turned on after printing the member footer and the page footer of course.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I am assuming your current member group footer has the page after tick box set to throw to a new page before the next group header.

In which case, try creating any extra member group footer section with just a blank line.

Use the format options to set...

the suppress formula to true if your page count is even
eg. remainder({count},2) = 0

the new page before formulae to true if count is odd,
eg. remainder({count},2) = 1

Hopefully this will through a blank(ish) page

Hth,
Geoff

Thank you for the response! If I have declared a variable used in a formula in the page footer as Global, will I still be able to access it in the second group footer?

Here is the simplistic formula I am using for my cumulative page count in the page footer (I display it to a suppressed formula field):

Global numbervar CumPageCount;
CumPageCount := CumPageCount + 1;
CumPageCount;

I will give your suggestion a try and let you know if it worked! Thanks!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I would have thought it should be fine!
If you have the count displayed in your current footer then the value displayed will be available to you in the second group footer.

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back