Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I show who is logged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawii

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
Is there a quick way with to show what users are currently logged in? I know that this can be done easily in Novell but haven't been able to find it in a W2K network.

Logged in is more difficult, but here's how to see who has what file open.

Right click "my computer" > Select "manage" > expand "Shared Folders" > Select "Open Files"

I don't know any other way to get more information, but I'm learning more everyday.

DHCP, WINS and DNS can give you information about who's on the network, whether they are logged in to the server and/or domain or not.

I believe that you can setup logging for sign on's, but I don't know how.

Rawii,

MrWalsh1 is in the right area, just select Sessions.

Computer Management|Shared Folders|Sessions

Have fun,

Patty [ponytails2]

There is also auditing that can be setup in a Domain Policy....but that more or less shows ya who logged in...not IS logged in

Have you tried net session? This should show the sessions connected to the computer. James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back