Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i show number of records?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2003
GB
I would like to be able to show the number of records available on a form, but with out using the navigation buttons i have buttons to navigate (just used wizard).

This must be easy surely......

Not sure if this is the best way of doing it, but here goes. Create a table, [number], that has a single field, [count],make this numeric. create a summery query using just one field in the table you want to know the number of rows for. set the function of this field to count. Save this query [count1]. Create a second query [count2] - this time an append query. Append to [number] field [count] the result from [count1] query. Create another query [clear] that is a delet query to empty [count]. Create a macro that has the funtion "openquery" three times. The first query is [clear] the second is [count1] and the third is [count2]. Add a button to your form that runs this query. Finally add a field to your form that show the field [count] from table [number]. Now when the button is pressed, the number of records will be re-calculated and shown on the form.

As I said at the start, I'm not sure this is the easiest way, but it works. Maybe somebody else will give an easier method.

[pc]

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back