Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I show all values for a dimension that appears in a report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedInfoMan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a report that shows by month what a particular metric is (pulled from the database), and what a target value is (last year's measure). I break the report into sections by year. For 2001, all months show becasue there is data in the database for those months. This data also is used to create the target measures for the current year.

My problem is, I want to show the tragets for all months of 2002, not just the first 2 months which are the only months with data in the database. How can I do this? I suspect that there is some usage of ForAll and ForEach that I haven't quite grasped yet.

Hope someone can help as there are several variants of this problem I'm trying to contend with now.

Thanks

You need 2 data providers. 1 for your data with the months that exist and 1 for all the months that you want to display.

Then, on the report, you can display your data from DP1 and your months from DP2. Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back