Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I setup Microsoft's Internet Connection Sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisT

Technical User
Jan 12, 2001
US
I have followed the istructions on a few sites on how to install ICS, but none have worked yet. The sites I tried are:

All of the sites show a window that asks how you are connecting(dial-up or high speed), but I never get this screen. Just like three screens and it installs. I've used the troubleshooting on the sites, and the Windows help, and came up with nothing...

I'm not sure what protocol to use, or how to set up the IP Address, Gateway, Bindings, etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Travis,

I suggest that you go to the control panel and uninstall Internet Connection sharing (Add Remove Programs/Windows Setup) and then reinstall from the same area.
It seems that some of the functionality is missing on your computer.
The links you have supplied in your post provide excellent information regarding ICS. Please review this information. It might be a good idea to print one of these up (the one at is great) and use it as a step by step guide. All of the information to get your ICS up and running is there!
I have ICS running on a 4 PC Lan.

PC1 - Win2K Pro Cable Modem High Speed connection file/printer sharing - gateway
PC2 - WinME
PC3 - Win98Se
PC4 - WinME

Please let us know how it goes.

-Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back