Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i setup MCDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj2506

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
GB
I have the basics covered…

As in I can dial extensions from the BCM to the M1. I just cannot dial from the M1 to the BCM! When I do I get a busy tone!

We have run the BCM monitor that shows that the correct digits are being sent to the BCM but the calls don’t go anywhere!

I have the private receive # set to 4
Private network set to: CDP, Network ID: 1, Private number length set to :4

I have each extension set with a target line with their private number set.

I have BUS6 configured for the SL-1 protocol. It is set to slave. Clock source set to Primary, with ascending B channel selection. And all the other values are set as default.

I think I have covered everything.

If someone could send me an idiots guide on this it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

RJ2506

Did you build your target lines on the BCM?

What does BUS6 have to do with VOIP.? There isn't any Module for VOIP.

If you set the target lines to private, you won't be able to transfer the call to another phone. I set my target lines as prime to my ext number, public and private also to my DN.

In the Option switch set your BCM to H323.

I would assume that by the way he described it that he is using a PRI between the M-1 and BCM.

Yeah all my target lines are assigned!! I have set both the Public and Private numbers as the incomming extension number and assigned the target line to the corresponding DN!

I.E. Ext 4000 has target line 300 assigned to it with Private receive # as 4000 and public # 4000!

What do your d-channel messages on the Meridian say? Could be something in the route or d-channel.

Ok, I have calls coming down into the BCM from the M1. But it doesn't matter what you dial all calls are directed straight to the Prime DN.

My other problem is, I have a DN range of 4000. The M1 is 58XX, 59XX, 7XXX. however i can set a Destination code of 4, 6, 7, 8, 9. It wont let me input a 5 or 58, but it will let me insert a 5800 and a 59! I've gone through all the DN on the system and i can't see what is stopping me from inserting a 5 or 58!

I set PRIME DN to each Phone as it's own DN and not 2221 or what ever DN your using as the ATT.

I've set the target lines to be private to a different ext and it still diverts to the prime DN of the physical line.

It doesn’t matter what is dialled though, I could dial a random number i.e. ‘7869543’ and it still rings the Prime DN!

I think this is the one they called me about, is it a TMG job? Paul Carter wanted help with this. I have set it up before and had it working a few weeks ago in London.

As BIV343 said, check the d channel messages on the M1. This will show the actual digits sent from the M1 to the BCM.

To switch it on in the M1:
LD 96
ENL MSGO X (where X is the d channel number)

To switch it off:
DIS MSGO X

Make a call and watch the messages

Set the recieved digits on the target line to what you see in the messages

Laurence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back