Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set up a new guest VM box??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodgirl

Technical User
Jan 25, 2003
GB
How do I set up a new guest VM box??

All you have to do is add a new mailbox just like any other, but when it asks for an extension, try hitting the * key. If that switches to none or moves on the the next prompt in mailbox programming, just continue on as normal. If it takes you back to Mbox AA Other, just go back in to programming of the mailbox via the change instead of add, in order to finish off programming the mailbox. Make sure the ext is set to none. Remember to initialize that mailbox so it can be used.

Schlum

Actually, when you add a new mailbox, your first prompt is for the mailbox number. Enter the mailbox # you want to use. The next prompt is for Ext: The third softkey will say QUIT. Press QUIT and it will take you to the next prompt for COS. Pressing QUIT puts nothing in for the extension and creates the mailbox as a Guest mailbox.

Using the * key when it asks for an ext will work on any software version. (At least I thought so) Some versions, at least on the NAM`s, require you to enter the * key to set the ext to none, and Quit may not be an option on the softkeys...I don`t remember. I just wanted it to work either way...

Schlum

Well * will always take you back a step in voicemail administration so I wasn't implying that your way was at all wrong. I've always press QUIT and that's worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back