Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set/reset the screen resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okpeery

Instructor
Dec 29, 2005
US
I tried doing my website all in code without tables. I ran into a few details I couldn't solve just with code so I just copied and pasted the html and the css into Dreamweaver to do the things I couldn't do without it. This worked fine in the University lab where I worked on it, Macs. It was as I wanted it but since I didn't start it on DW I don't think I ever specified what screen size I was designing for. We used to be told 800x600 but I would like to do it 1024x768 or whatever that size is.

Now I am on a PC with DW and my site is not displaying properly. When I go to the status bar in DW the screen resolutions are greyed out. I can choose edit sizes but when I select a different size it doesn't make any changes. Sometimes I do something and the sizes are not greyed out. If I choose the 1024x768 size it says my image won't fit on the screen. It goes back to displaying like before. When I preview in a browser it looks bigger than it should and that shrinks the footer size which I don't want. I think it does this because it is a liquid layout. How do I find out which size I designed the site in and then change it to the one I want?

The problem is so stupid and simple that I refuse to embarrass myself further and reveal what it was. My problem is solved, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back