Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set my paper layout to display data beyond landscape/legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deborahyr

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
US
Need to do a data dump of a table that has over 100 fields and want them displayed in a single row within Crystal XI. How do I set my landscape to do this?

Go to printer set up. Check no printer and custom defined paper size. Set page as big as you like.

Ian

Thanks for your quick response. I am still having trouble doing this. I click on Page Setup - select Paper Size and choose Custom Size - click No Printer button. Orientation = Landscape. Doing this does not widen the display area at all. Is there another area to set the actual page size to say 200 x 8.5 or something like that? Thanks again.

Which version of Crystal do you have. I am using 2008 and page size dialog is openned when you check custom defined size.

Not sure how/if its so easy with older versions.

Ian

I do not believe it is possible to have a custom paper size before 2008. I have done a trick with the printer driver to make the page smaller than normal (do not remember how I did it). I do not know if you can do it to make it larger than the printer maximum.

Hi,
The paper size it set in the 'Page Setup' menu option, but the printer chosen determines what sizes are available and using the 'No Printer' option probably eliminates that option..Try specifying a printer that has large page capacity ( it need not be actually used just have its driver installed)

Here is a way to do that using a 'dummy' printer:

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Usually the solution is to load a printer driver that allows very wide dimensions.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back