Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set ASP.NET to 2 by default when a new site is created?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfunk

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
US
Hi,

We have a script that automatically provisions new web sites in IIS. We have both ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0 installed. Currently when a new site is created in inherits ASP.NET 1.1 by default and our CMS package for our clients requires ASP.NET 2.0.

In IIS I have Right-clicked on the folder Web Sites and selected Properties. This is where I have always set the default properties of sites that are created. However, the items on the ASP.NET Tab are greyed out and can't be changed. We get too many new signups everyday to manually change each site from 1.1 to 2.0, and some of our clients try publishing their site before we would be able to change it which will cause their publishing to fail.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this please?

I am also open to using scripting to handle this if I can't set the default properties. If someone can suggest a way to get that done.

Thank you for your help

Happy Holidays!!!!

Regards
Steve

Sincerely,
Steve Funk

There is a script by Microsoft that will change the version of ASP.NET on a particular website without restarting IIS - this won't interrupt an eager user when he is uploaded his website content.

Just a thought

Great thanks I will look for that.

Regards,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back