Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set 4602 to flash message lamp when its ringing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcourter

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2007
US
I believe there is a short code that accomplishes this as this model of phone has no options screen. Can any one help me out?

ACA - IP Office Implement

The units are fully upgraded. In the user manual it says that they can be "set" to flash when ringing not that they should automatically. I just cant find anything on how to set it. I have a lot of these phones and none of them flash but the lights work on them all so there has to be a way to turn it on.

It can be turned on not by a shortcode but by setting it on the phone under a soft menu, just cant remember where it is now. I am sure you can find it by hunting through the menu's on the phone.

Will update if i can find the exact location.

This model of phone does not have a menu or options screen. Its a single line display. Other models I would normally go into options to turn the flashing on .

1. Display and Call Appearance Keys: Two Call Appearance Keys allow the user to handle
multiple calls and the display shows call information. Details on system features (allocated by
your System Administrator) can also be displayed.
2. Message lamp: Lit when the user has voicemail messages. Can also be set to flash when the
phone is ringing.

This is what i see in the 4602 guide i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back