Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i send post variables... without a form...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soniclnd

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
you know how you can send get variables by just typing: mypage.php?somename=somevalue
well... i wanted to know if there was anyway to send post variables without using a form........

you can also use fsockopen , CURL needs extension, but if you don't have it installed, fsockopen works as well.

Regards,

Namida

Have a look at the PEAR HTTP package. It allows for POST.
All you need is to establish a connection and send headers and data according to the RFC standards for HTTP.

However, your question talks about GET. When you say 'sending' do you mean from the browser?
Therefore:
1. Answer is no. You cannot send POST variables from the browser without a form.
2. Answer is yes, if you mean if a PHP script can send POST requests. Then it doesn't matter where the script runs, it will always be on a server that executed PHP.

oh ok... thanx
i just wanted to know if there was a way to send post varibles at all.... i'm gonna try wat yall said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back