Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I send email as someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andytheautomator

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
I would like to let some users send email as someone else. I am able to do this as an administrator but I can't seem to find out how to set this up for other users. They can send on behalf but not as. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hi,

sorry for my english i will try to explain how to do it

if you want to let other users send in behalf of another user, go to active directory, go to the user who has the mail address you want to "share",right click it and go to properties. go to exchange general options go to delivery options and in send in name of select the users of group of users you want they can use that account for sending.

if you want to let users send in behalf of a public folder go to exchange administrator, first group of storage, go to public folder store,mailboxes right click the public folder you want to "share",right click it, go to exchange general options go to delivery options and in send in name of select the users of group of users you want they can use that account for sending.

i hope this will help

good luck

Thanks Drrank,

However they are already able to send on behalf of. What I am trying to do is to have them send as the other user.

Andy

as they create a new email have them choose Opetions--> From and choose from whome it is being sent.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

[URL unfurl="true"]http://mostarnet.com[/url]

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back