Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I send an email in a batch file? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabi2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2004
US
I have a batch file that xcopy files on SBS2003 SP2 to an external drive for backup purposes and I want to send an email to myself when the files are succssfully copied.

Bob...

Thank you ShackDaddy for the quick and on target response.

Bob...

Thanks very much Terrywilson for your suggestion.
I downloaded and installed Syncback and ran some tests and
your right, it works exceptionally well and the email also works. It solved all my problems with backups. Highly recommended and its freeware.

Bob...

I'm going to try that myself. I have a perfect project for it: copying ShadowProtect data to a removable drive every night.

Thanks, Terry!

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Dave,

If you want to schedule your SyncBack job I believe you'll have to pony up the $24 for a license like I did. I swear by it, lots of options and it's the best tool I've found to keep two directories identical.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Apparently things have changed since I got my copy of SyncBack in 2005. Ignore the above (except that it's a great little program), smoke 'em if ya got 'em...

Tony

Users helping Users...

Nope, you don't need to purchase the full version to schedule jobs. Just Rt click a task and choose set Schedule, it just uses the Windows Task Scheduler to run; the paid for one may have its on scheduling app thats a bit fancier though.

When I installed it way back when some features were not available on the trial app, like scheduling. It was also cheaper, $24 vs. $30....a real deal-breaker [smile]. Glad to see it getting some credibility in the server community. I use it in addition to SBSBackup for versioning. Every so often I clean out the backup drive by having it delete any files on the destination that do not exist on the source.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back