Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I save whole Grid row if any of the cell is changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertcollins

Programmer
Mar 19, 2001
US
Hi Friends!

I can not seem to solve this problem with grid control. I want to save contents of all cells in the row if any of them has changed in a memo field of same record (to keep tract of what and when changes were made).

By putting code in afterrowcolchange or beforerowcolchange it saves changes but in multiple entries (lines) showing individual changes. By saving and checking for activerow seem to work when debugging and stepping throuh but not runnig the program normally.

Thanks.

Regards;

Robert.

Hi Robert..

nRec = RECNO()
COPY TO temp.txt TYPE SDF FOR RECNO() = nRec
cText = FILETOSTR("temp.txt")
REPLACE myMemo WITH myMemo+CHR(13)+cText
DELETE FILE 'temp.txt'

:) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Hi Ramani;

Thanks for the suggestion but my main problem is when there are 3 to 4 cells are changed i.e. Item qunatity, quality, amount received, it will store all 4 seperate lines in the memo field (of same record):

item, quality Box

Wire-16G, Soft, 16
Wire-18G, Soft, 16
Wire-18G, Firm, 16
Wire-18G, Firm, 22

I want to keep only one line with all changes instade of four. I suppose I can compre the stored lines and keep one with most changes but isn’t there any other way that I can save the whole row only if it has any changes and now coursor is now moving or has moved to different row?

Thanks.

Regards;

Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back