Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I run this script in exchange management shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcguire80

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2012
US
Im trying to run the following script to change the offline address book to allow photos with exchange...but how do I run the below script

$attributes = (Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book").ConfiguredAttributes
$attributes.Remove("thumbnailphoto,Indicator")
Set-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book" -ConfiguredAttributes $attributes

I have my file, attribute.ps1 in C:\

thanks

You can do it two ways. First you can simply enter each of those lines at the console and it will process them one at a time.

Second you can open the Shell, type "CD C:\" <enter>
Next type "ATTRIBUTE" and press the <TAB> key for the file name to autocomplete and it will add the .\ in the beginning for you or simply type .\attribute.ps1
Press <Enter>.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

Is this a script you created or one that you got from somewhere else? I'm wondering if it might be an issue with the level set on the ExecutionPolicy

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back