Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I run db2cmd in a silent mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredsmith

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
NZ
Hi there.

i have several batch files, which open the db2cmd line. I wish for these batch files to run in silent mode i.e. in a minimized state. What must I put in my batch file to make it run in a minimized state.

Email: jared.smith@descisys.com

Assuming Windows??

I've never really got this to work either!

The closest I got was to start running the batch files in a db2cmd shell (i.e. Start->Run->"db2cmd") then to run sql files, I use...

db2 -td; -v -f <file>.sql

...where...

-v will turn off verbose output
-td; means statements are comma delimited

Obviously, you can run any batch file that has these commands in and it would only use the one shell that you opened...

Sorry if this is useless!

The command reference docs show a few options that you can provide to DB2CMD none of which will do what you want. Look under ch. 1 of the command reference for &quot;db2cmd - Open DB2 Command Window&quot;. That's the best I can offer although I believe that if the BAT file runs minimized the DB2CMD would also be minimized. I will almost always specify the -c -i and -w options for all calls to DB2CMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back