Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I restore a public folder in Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2001
US
A user has deleted a Public Folder while in Outlook. How do I restore this from tape?
Thanks.

First thing to solve is access permissions! Users shouldn't be able to do this. (Sorry, I'm sure that's obvious!)

To answer the question, what backup software are you using? The answer depends on how the DB was backed up. If the software is Exchange friendly, it should be fairly straightfoward to restore the file to the original server.

While you're sorting that out, I would run another backup on the remaining folders, as any subsequently received mail will almost certainly get overwritten when you restore.

As well as backing up, you can easily put the new mail aside by setting up a .pst file (a personal folder), move just the new mail to that and when you've restored drop the new messages back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back