Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I replicate Blue Brothers / Inbetweeners Logo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFitz

Programmer
Dec 18, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I'm trying to create an image similar to the Blue Brothers image below:

Or the Opening Titles from the Inbetweeners below:

As you should be able to see, there's Black parts of the picture, where as the white parts are transparent. I can do the transparent part, however, I need to do the Black Areas.

Is there a filter or a trick to do this?

I've got 150+ pics I need to do it with, so a simple way would be useful.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fitz

Fitz
Did you know, there are 10 types of people in this world:
* Those who understand binary
and
* Those who Don't!!

Hi SpamJim,

thanks for the update, so are you suggesting that I posterise and then recolour??

Thanks

Fitz
Did you know, there are 10 types of people in this world:
* Those who understand binary
and
* Those who Don't!!

If you do want to posterize and don't have CS (I believe it has a posterization filter) you can PS 5.0 or greater and use the poster edges filter to maybe do what you want ???

I've got 150+ pics I need to do it with, so a simple way would be useful

If pics aren't very similar you may need to do some individually.

I'm still not certain just exactly what you want to do so I hope this helps.

Sam

I was misleading to suggest the word 'filter'. Everything is actually handled under the 'image' menu.

image-mode-grayscale
image-adjust-brightness contrast
image-adjust-posterize

or simply...

image-adjust-levels... and pull the input points together.

Hi The Fitz,

First of all i would alter the image levels to 25,0,210. This makes the image alot darker and provides a better out come at the end.

What i would recommend is actually using the Threshold tool located under the image tab.

Alter the settings until you get the desired effect then erase the parts of the image you dont want with white (not that there should be alot to go over.

Then create a new image with attributes 1024 width 728 height and a 300dpi setting.

Cut your image and paste it on to the new one, hit ctrl T and hold shift whilst transforming the image to a larger size, this keeps it from pixelating.

This should hopefully give you the desired effect. :)

any probs just post back.

Chatterz

Why so serious???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back