Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I remove the list of tapes previously used for backups??

Status
Not open for further replies.

theripper

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
Hi everyone.

Using ArcServIT 6.6 w/Novell

When I go to preform a restore, it lists every tape I've every used as a backup. Is there a way to remove the ones I no longer need listed there?

It seems easy, but I can't find a simple "Remove" or "Delete" anywhere.

Thanks again ~

Database pruning will be your friend.
Set it to remove (Prune) any entries older than XX days (Depending on your offsite or grandfather methods for tape rotation).
if your list is totally messed, or too large to deal with, you can "Initialize the database" that is just a misleading way of saying delete the database, and start again.
If you do the initialize process, you will need to re-catalog (Merge) your current tapes before you can use restore by backup media option.

CG

I use the NT version. If it works the same, access the Database, look at the media view, and check for 'Destroyed' tapes. Delete these out of the media view, and this should help you considerably without initialising the database.
Hope this is useful (and relevant!) cdav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back