Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I put the results of a VB function into table field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfrank

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a VB function in a module that I call from a form that returns the file path and file name from a Windows open file dialogue box. I would like to put this information in a field in a table from within the form. I currently display the file path and name in unbound boxes, every thing works great, but now I think I am being dumb, because I don't know how to put it into a bound box for the table. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tfrank

To store the value (which is often debate wisdom) you would set the Control Source of the textbox to the Table field you want to store the value in and then set the value of that textbox from an event in another box. So, for example, in the AfterUpdate event for one textbox you could call your function and set the value of
Me.Pathtextbox = retrunedvaluefromFunction.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back