Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i put 5.6GB on a 4.7GB DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NextOne

MIS
Mar 14, 2003
GB
having edited my project in premiere 6.5, exported as a DV AVI and imported in dvd authoring software 'ulead dvd movie factory 2.0', i have authored the dvd and is ready for export. except its 5.6 GB large!!! how can i get the 2hr 15minute video file on DVD? changing the kbps to a small number eg 2500, doesnt seem to help because the file size is still 5.6GB
please help
luke

2 hrs? Sorry, on 4.7 gB with menus (bare minimum) a 4.7 GB disc can only hold a maximum of 2 hours of video at the worst bitrate on your films (equivalent to VHS quality of SLP). at the best bitrate (equivalent to SVHS quality of SP ) you an only hold at maximum 1 hour.

You'll have to trim or redo your bitrate.

Suggest to you that you dump from Premiere just an AVI file, and get a program called Tsunami Mpeg Encoder to give you your resulting DVD mpg2 to bring into Ulead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back