Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I push out programs over an NT Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCusick

MIS
Apr 10, 2001
US
Hi there! I have an SSH client I need to install on all the workstations in our Domain. Is there an option within server I can use to do this? If not, does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,
Bill

That could be very tricky given it's SSH, key exchange & all ?
The installation its self could be done using a login script or using SMS or one of it's equivalents. It's the extras that are necessary to get SSH working that would be crux. How to get the keys exchanged in a secure manner automatically.

Sorry I don't have anything more encouraging to say past good luck ! Ian

"IF" is not a word it's a way of life

As an administrator, you should be able to obtain access to all the computers and hardrives in the network. For example, to access the C drive on REP100's computer you would point to \\REP100\C$ .... in which you can copy files to and from. I believe this depends on how you set up all the NT workstations initially but it is worth a shot!

If you are speaking of an actual install program you may have to go to each workstation and run the install program off the network. I believe there are programs out there that handle this, perhaps someone else here has had more experience with this sort of thing. :)

I am pretty much in the same situation and found several solutions. Two of them are perhaps the most resonable.

Instal SMS or Kix32. I suggest get on the kix forum. It is not as simple as everyone thinks if you don't have conding experience but it's not as bad to understand if you follow some of the samples. Kixart comes with the resource kit.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back