Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I publish folder content

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostexchange

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

I need to publish a group of files in a folder. Is this possible with nfuse 1.7 or nfuse elite on Mtfrm XPe on Win2k? I have managed to publish explorer (renamed to explorer2.exe so it doesnt lauch desktop) with the -e and mapped nw drive however it launches explorer and from there users can browse to other folders - which has security issues. What I need to do is publish a folder and only that folder. Does anyone know how to do that? For now I have to use and nfuse server and a ftp server.

Thanks

This will be tricky.
The best way to do it is to have special logins for this app and restrict file rights to only the files\folders you want.

Then have a special Novell login script that will only map the drives\folders you want.

To map a specific folder do it like this:

MAP ROOT F:=SERVER/VOLUME:FOLDER\FOLDER

(Notice the placement of the colons.)

This will make it so they can't go up beyond the folder you mapped as the root.

But, if they have other mappings, they would see those. such as a G: or H: drive. That is why you severely restrict file rights, so they can not even see other directories.

You know that even though people do need read and file scan to the sys:public directory they don't have to map it.

The file restrictions would also include the Citrix server, because the smarter than average user will know that all they have to do is type a path in the address bar to go there.

JON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back