Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I prevent a terminal from being a Master, Aloha 6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosemarysBaby

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
US
Recently changed out a term and replaced it with a term running Win7, call it term3. Usually our term 1 runs as Master (XP), 7 XP's, 1 Win7, 8 terms total.

Well since the new term was added, term3 keeps taking over as the master and is causing issues, probably another discussion!

I want to disable this term3 from ever being Master but can't seem to do so. I have set master capable to false in Ibercfg. I have done the same in the environment variables. I have changed every instance of last master ID to term1. I have turned off every terminal and force stated term1 as Master. But still every day after a couple of hours, term 3 becomes the Master.

As for the problems it causes (another discussion), waitstaff can only access their check from the original terminal they opened it on. Today I disabled RIP in services on term 3 due to 10's of 1000's of IPRIP errors in event log. I think this was clogging the network when term3 is Master.

But back to the original question. Any thoughts on what I am missing to completely keep it from being Master.

Really appreciate any help. My aloha rep was not successful.

change ibercfg or environmental variables from master and server capable from true to false

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Thx for quick reply. I did that already for master capable false. Are you saying that I also need to make Server Capable False, ALSO?

Damn, you nailed it, thank you. Who would have thunk that you needed to false out ServerCapable too. You just made about 40 waitstaff very happy.

Now I just need to figure out why the PosReady7 terminal dosen't want to play nice with the network while being a Master. That'll be another thread.

disable simple file sharing and make sure permissions for the bootdrv share correct. then your Posready7 will work just fine. Also check firewall to make sure Aloha can pass through or just disable it on FOH. Simple stuff

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back