Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I open shortcuts w/in folders w/in Links in current window

Status
Not open for further replies.

docWatson

MIS
Mar 30, 2000
GB
I am using IE6 and XP Pro. I have recently reorganised the Links on my toolbar to include folders that contain the shortcuts to my fave sites. It all looks lovely and neat and I can get to thinks really quickly.

However, I have discovered a weird feature and wondered if it there was a way round it:

I open a first browser session (call it BS1) and click on a shortcut in a folder in my Links toolbar - OK so far. I then open a second browser session (BS2) and again navigate to a web page from a folder in my Links toolbar and, this is where it goes weird, I get switched back to BS1 which changes to the new URL, leaving BS2 blank. This does not happen if the shortcut is in the root of Links, only if it is within a folder.

Unchecking the Internet Options->Advanced setting "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" results in a third browser session opening, leaving BS1 as is and BS2 blank.

All I want is to open the new URL in the current broser session. Am I missing something obvious, or is this another registry/group policy trick?

Any help gratefully received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back