Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Open another database and run code there

Status
Not open for further replies.

CortoMaltes

Programmer
Mar 30, 2000
GR
Hi,

I need to create a database that will run code to delete some objects in another database and export some new fixed objects to that database, bypassing the startup. All my attempts did not work in order to open the other database and simulate the SHIFT key while opening, to be able to access the objects there.

Can anybody help, please? Many thanks
Corto

I need to create a database that will run code to delete some objects in another database

You do not need to 'run code' in the 'another database' to delete the objects. Place the code in the 'current db' - just instantiate the 'another db' i the current one and be SURE to reference the 'another db' in the delete statement(s).

and export some new fixed objects to that database, bypassing the startup.

Again, there is no need to run code ... Just do a transferdatabase ..., which can be used to copy anu User Object to the other db.

All my attempts did not work in order to open the other database and simulate the SHIFT key while opening, to be able to access the objects there.

This is NOT necessary of relevant.

MichaelRed
mred@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back