Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I move libraries??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

82TA

Programmer
Oct 19, 2004
US
Hey guys,

I could REALLY REALLY use some help. I'm working on a project with a couple of other people. I'm pretty inexperienced with C++ and they've graciously allowed me to work on the project with them to learn. My inexperience is with the environment, not programming (I've been doing Mumps and Delphi for about 8 years).

The first task they've given me is to MOVE several libraries from ONE folder, to another. I figured it would be far too easy than simply cuting and pasting them into the new folder, and I was right.... it didn't compile.

So, I basically have 2 folders. All of the ".h" files are in a sub folder of one of the folders along with another sub folder which contains then ".cpp" files.

All of those files are located in 1 directory, and need to be moved to the second directory.

WHAT is the best way to do this? Where are the paths being set for these include and code files? If I do move them, how do I tell the compiler where their new location is?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I'm using Visual Studio 2005.

Thanks guys... I really hope to hear from one of you guys soon.

Thanks!!!

Todd

When you open the project in Visual Studio, click on the File View to show you all the .h & .cpp files. Right-click on each file and click Properties, then change the path to the new location. You'll have to do the same thing for each file.

Hi, thanks cpjust,

Do you happen to know what option it is? I saw what looked like directories, but they were all just environment variables. I didn't actually see anything that said like...

program\path1\etc...

Do you know which one specifically?

thank you VERY much for the response.

Oh crap... I'm used to using VC++ 6.0 which allowed me to change it there. I have 2003 at work and I see what you mean about the Properties dialog. I can't see the path either, so the only thing I can think of is deleting the files from the File View and then add them back using their new directories.

You've gotta love Microsoft -- add a billion new features and remove the one that's really important. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back