Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I move a Citrix Datastore? No really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilliamsjr

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
Hey guys,

I've seen some hints and read elsewhere about moving the Datastore but have seen conflicting reports on how to do it.

I currently have a win2000 box running an access datastore. I need to move the store because basically the box could go at any time. I have a new 2000 box up and runnin!

Do I join the farm and connect to the remote store as I would any other server?

From there is where Im a bit confused. Ive heard that I should use dsmaint, then some people say don't...bah!

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello!

I, like you, spent an age attempting to find a 'howto' kind of thing on this.

The closest I could find was the pdf downloadable from citrix under the title 'CTX677542'. THat PDF has a bunch of different things in it - one of them is 'Migrating Server Farms and the Data Store' which should get you on the right track.

HTH
wmg

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other human invention in history...with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." -Mitch Ratcliffe

read the MFXP-advanced concept PDF. This has all the info you need.

you basically, copy the file, add the ODBC config, point the servers using the dsmaint util to the new server, reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back