Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I modify AccPac's invoice format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMWilliams

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2003
AU
My company is using AccPac Advantage 5.1.

I want to modify the invoice form. I know it is in a file named somthing like ARDINV0.RPT - I'm writing from home and don't have AccPac in front of me, sorry.

Now, I can open this file in Crystal Reports 8 without problems. I can modify it - in this case, I just did two simple things. I changed the logo to our own and changed the code at the bottom to display "TAX INVOICE" rather than just "INVOICE", as required by Australian legislation.

However, when I got AccPac to print invoices it gave me an error which looked like it couldn't find a module or some sort.

Is there anything at all which must be done after modifying one of the RPT files? Do I need to have AccPac 'compile' the report or do anything?

Thanks!

David M. Williams
National I.T. Manager
Advantage Personnel Pty. Ltd.
AUSTRALIA

Did it work before you changed it? The result you're getting sounds similar to what you get on a W2000 machine when the Crystal DLL's are not in the logged-on user's profile. This can be fixed by copying the \Winnt\Crystal folder to \Documents and settings\#user#\Windows.

Hope this helps.

The out of box reports from ACCPAC are written in Crystal 7.0. When you changed it in 8.0 it saved it in that format. You do not have the right crystal drivers on the machines running ACCPAC unless you have installed Crystal 8.0 on those machines. This is probably why you are getting an error.

Mfroggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back