Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make my DAP dynamic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w860098

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Having improved my usage of the Hyperlinks, I have now hit an unexpected showstopper !
Having already made entries directly into various tables, I have now created Data Access Pages to display the contents of those tables. That all appeared to be working correctly (i.e. all entries in the tables were being displayed).
However I have now added some further rows (directly) to the tables but I find that, when I look at the contents using the DAPs, I only see the original entries (i.e. the new rows are NOT displayed).
It would appear that when I first created the DAP, the table contents were copied somewhere and it is still referencing that copy of the data.[If I rename the table, the DAP will still display the data. More dramatically, even renaming the mdb file has no fatal effect !]
Have I misunderstood the functionality of DAPs or do I have to make adjustments to one (or more) of the properties ?

Did you have the DAP close, then add new records?
Or did you have the DAP open, then add new records?
If you added new records directly in the table while the DAP was opened, you did not reestablish the BIND.
If something else is happening, please be more and exactly precise in each step you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back