Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make a map of my town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielLee

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
MX
Hi,

I'm living in Mexico and I want to put a hand drawn street map with little arrows that you click to see the view in the direction the arrow is pointing. I am fairly new at website construction so I don't even know what the process I want to implement is called.

Any assistance appreciated.

Sincerely,

Daniel "Five minutes at a time"

First questions, do you have ahnad drawn street map and the associated photos??
If you have the map get it scanned along with the photos of the direction you want people to see.

You then need to create an image map so that when people click the arrows it links them to the photos. Do an internet search for image maps and you will find some. Something like Coffee Cup will be fine. The software will guide you and create the image map for you.

When you get to that stage we can help you further.

If u need more info just let me know.

É

<!--#include file=&quot;profound quotation&quot; --> :)

Wanted to ad that the Coffee Cup Mapper is source code or at least free evaluation software. If you do not have a scanner like cian said you could even do something as simple as a paint file and then map it with coffee Cup mapper. As long as your not worried about it looking spectacular.
here's the link to download CoffeCup Mapper
provide tools to let people become their best.

Thanks for all of your help on this. I had to do somthing simple just for now but I plan to get back to doing this project on a bitmap hand draw street map.
I will be back in contact when I complete the steps you have given me so far.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Daniel &quot;Five minutes at a time&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back