Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I link custom fileds from SharePoint to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanningCouncil

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2008
US
I'm using SharePoint 2.0 on a Small Business Server 2003. I have Outlook 2003 on the desktop.
In Outlook there is a Categories field, which we use. We have a Contact List in SharePoint, which we use as an agency wide "master list" of contacts. On the SharePoint Contact list there was no categories field so I added one. When this Contact list is linked to Outlook, the information in the Categories field from SharePoint is not synchronized or linked to the Categories field in Outlook.

I think I read somewhere (cannot recall) that you can map these fields or customize the link somewhere in a system file or something.

Does this sound familiar? Does anyone know how to mmap or link a custom field from SharePoint to Outlook? ? Does anyone know of a solution or work around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back