Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i let PCanywhere connections through a firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechTryer

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
FJ
Greetings all!

I have just become a member of this Tek-Tips thingy. It is a great idea for people to share information openly. Good job Tek-Tips!!

Anyway, this is my problem.
I have a router Cisco 2611 with cisco ios 12.3 running on it. I have recently put firewall capabilities on it. However, now i want to let PCanywhere connections through it. The router just connects 2 internal networks together.
10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0
10.200.0.0 255.255.0.0
I have tried using the access lists but i still can't connect the two hosts together

Can u please help give a brief explanation on how to go about it? Any help would be very much appreciated!

TechTryer

hi,
If you use NAT/PAT/Firewall.
I think you should consider two ports : 5631 and 5632.
I think you just open two port it will work.

vuongxibul

Thanks for your advice mate.
I finally managed to get it working, i was using the wrong port numbers.

Cheers

TechTryer
<-- :)All we can do is do our best:) -->

so what commands did you use in the router to open those ports? I have a cisco 1720 working as a firewall and vpn as well, and i need to allow pcanywhere from the internet to connect into one of my machines.

thanks!

DjinnRutger, the below lines should work for you.

access-list xxx permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 5631
access-list xxx permit udp any host x.x.x.x eq 5632

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back