Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I let callers in queue leave a message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

threetone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
US
I have a Merlin Legend 7 with a Merlin Messaging 2.5. Voice mail is 770. My ticket office phones are in group 771. When callers call in they press 1 for tickets. They go into queue if no phone in group 771 is logged in as available, or if the available phones are in use. I want the caller to be able (or be forced ) to leave a message after 60 seconds, or be able to escape the queue (by pressing #?) and leave a message. I have tried setting up time overflow for 771 to overflow to 770 after 60 seconds - after 60 seconds the caller hears "transfering to the system operator", then the call goes back to 771 in queue (I have system operator ext set to 771). This does not accomplish what I want. I also tried activating prompt base overflow and it didn't work. The caller presses # and nothing happens.

Can anyone help me?

Hi there

You have done the right overflow, but you have not assigned and mailbox to huntgroup 771. If you do this now the caller will be sent to voice mail. As far as prompt based overflow, when you set up your overflow one of the option is do you want prompt based overflow. If you select prompt based, if you tell your callers in your announcements to leave a message please press the # key and then the call willl be overflowed to 770 and as long as you have assigned a mailbox to 771 the call will go to VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back