Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO I INSTALL BORLAND C++ 4.5 ON WINDOWS NT 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcm

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm having a very difficult time getting my Borland C++ 4.5 compiler to work on my Windows NT 4.0 PC. I get a Windows dialog box with the title "Can't run 16-bit Windows program". Within the dialog box, the message "Cannot find file D:\BC45\BIN\BCW.EXE (or one of its components). Check to ensure the path and filename are correct ant that all required libraries are available." is displayed. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET UP WINDOWS NT 4.0 TO RUN BORLAND C++ 4.5 CORRECTLY??

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Mark M.

i am not exactly sure about the path, but in WIN NT u have to have the environment setting thru control panel. just check on how to set the environmental settings and this should solve ur prob.

for more details on settings u may also post this query on Microsoft Windows 95/98 forum.

I believe ICICI is right. 4.5 tries to modify the autoexec.bat file which doesn't affect NT. You will have to manually change the path in the control panel -> System -> Environment.

Frankly, you might be better off with 5.5 (which is free). 4.5 had some problems with Win32 programs if I remember correctly. Borland came out with version 5 about the time Win95 hit the streets so 4.5 wasn't "up to par" with Windows programs.
James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back