Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I install 3.31 when I have no disk drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I just got a Mac g4-I have to install the old quark 3.31-the one with the CD and diskette. Problem is I don't have a diskette drive-I need to install the old so I can put in my updater.

Please help

Get a friend to burn the floppies onto CD or connect your old Mac to your G4 and copy them over.

I had the same problem, and if I can remember at the point of installing if you hold down the Option Key it will install without checking for a floppy disk.

You can phone Quark and they should be able to tell you at which point you need to do this. Explan the situation. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

If you can copy the disk to a folder of the same name on another machine (or better yet use Disk Copy to make a disk Image) and use a network to put it on the desktop, the installer may (possibly) accept it . Just a thought.

You could also invest in a usb floopy drive - nice ti have around in an emergency : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back