Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i insert a background image in dreamweaver and continue working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, i am sorry for this silly message but could anyone help me out and tell me step by step how i have to insert a background image in Dreamweaver and then i want to continue creating my site by putting pictures and text on top of the background, i tried to do it with the "insert table" option but it just lets me create a background image and then i can't continue by simply drawing layout tables and layout cells, please i am new to this program and i need some kind of help ....thanX in advance.

Hi Sub-Zero,

I too am new to Dreamweaver, between Dreamweaver and I Explorer I've got a pretty large head ache. It seem sthat everything appears just dandy when I preview it in Netscape, but when I try to vew my hard work in IE 5 none of the image links show up! Go figure...

Anyway, to answer your question, I have found it necessary to have to go in the code and "tweek" it some to get exactly what I want. I had to do this to place a particular image as as a background in a table and then place a clear.gif on top in a table cell. Inside the table tag, this is how my code appears:

<table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; background=&quot;elements/art/montage.jpg&quot;>

Also you have to makesure your table is &quot;fixed&quot; unless you want the image to repeat. Hope this helps...

Back to my headache...

Kampher

hey Sub-Zero, this maight be a little to late, but it's still good [and alot easier] in dreamweaver [in any version] click the Modify --> Page Proerties --> and in the pop window, you'll see a link for Background Image...just type in the name of the image, or click on the botton next to the Background Image field and find you're image on you're harddrive...
This way if you if you make a mistake in the spelling it's still good...
Ok??

All you need to do is right click an the work area in Dreamweaver. This will pop up a window that will allow you to set your background color or image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back