Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I inbed Flash in HTML?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat23

Technical User
Jul 22, 2001
US
How do I put a flash movie in a HTML document. I still use notepad and am getting into Flash. I know how to put a link to get to my Flash site, but I don't know how to have the Flash playing off to the side of my already existing HTML page.

Thanks

Code:
<object classid=&quot;clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000&quot; codebase=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0&quot;[/URL] width=&quot;4&quot; height=&quot;4&quot;>
      <param name=movie value=&quot;nameofmovie.swf&quot;>
      <param name=quality value=high>
      <embed src=&quot;nameofmovie.swf&quot; quality=high pluginspage=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&quot;[/URL] type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;4&quot; height=&quot;4&quot;>
      </embed> 
    </object>
DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

That really didn't help. I pasted that in my HTML and replaced the nameofmovie with the name of my movie, but it didn't do anything.

If you've created your own Flash movie, just publish it. This will create a web page with the necessary <object></object> info. Then, just paste everything in the <object></object> tags into your HTML page where you want it to show up.

Don't forget to upload the cooresponding SWF file to your server! There's always a better way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back