Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I import image files into an Access form

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickieD

Technical User
Nov 12, 2002
GB
I would like to import images as thumbnails into an Access form with a view to enlarging them by dragging them into an image control. Can anyone help please?

If by 'Import' you mean 'display an arbitrary image file from disk', you can set an unbound object control's SourceDoc proprerty from VB, like

MyOLEControl.Class= "Imaging.Document"
MyOLEControl.SourceDoc="path\filename.jpg"

As for thumbnails & enlarging, it's been my experience that a small control with

.SizeMode = acOLESizeZoom

is a fine approximation for a thumbnail, and if this smaller control's SourceDoc is assigned to a larger control otherwise configured as above, there's your zoom. Or somthing like that.

Many thanks for your suggestion. The only problem is that the unbound control properties are set as read only by Access, even changing the properties of the contol in VB as per your instructions does not seem to work.

I would very much appreciate further help in this.

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back