Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Hyperlink to Another Crystal Report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jontvr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2002
US
I'm using Crystal Reports 8.5 and cannot get the Hyperlink to Another Crystal Report option to work. It doesn't matter what kind of object I'm trying to add the hyperlink to, or where it is on the report, the option is greyed out.

There is some strange behaviour - the option is available for a few seconds after I create a new object on the report, or if I move an existing object, but any report specified during these few seconds is not saved.

What am I missing? This is driving me nuts.

From the help text:
Note: If you create a hyperlink to another Crystal Reports file, you are creating an on-demand subreport.

Seems a bit daft having the option in the hyperlinking if you can only do it using an on demand subreport Andrew Baines
Chase International

1. Insert a text object into your report

2. Right click on the text object and select format field.

3. Click on the hyperlink tab.

4. You have the options that allow you to hyperlink to a web page, file, etc.

5. This is not the same think as an on demand sub report. It sort of function like a on demand subreport but the link is to an external object (ie. browser, etc).

That's exactly what I'be been trying, and the Hyperlink to Another Crystal Report option is always greyed out. Any other ideas?

Crystal says you can hyperlink to another report but what this is really an on-demand report. If you go to the insert command line and select hyperlink you will see that after the command an on-demand subreport is insert into the report.

An exact hyperlinks is when you specify in the hyperlink to an a rpt or url. But when you click on this it will open a browser window and use the Crystal viewer to view the report. This works gerat in a web reporting application environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back