Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I hide a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvolden

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2005
US
We are running Sharepoint Services 3.0

I have a document library for our Mobility clients. Under this document librayr there are folders for each client. One of the clients are no longer active and I want to hide this folder so people can not see it, but still have it on the site.

I have done this with document libraries using the Hide from browser feature but can figure out howw to hide a specific folder within a document library.

Thank you!

If you don't want to either move or delete it, could you just use permissions to block users from seeing it?

Hello. In your post you said that you were able to hide document libraries using "Hide from Browser Feature". We are using MOSS 2007 and need to hide document libraries based on user permissions. Right now, the libraries show up and say Access is Denied. Could you point me toward a resouce so I can understand how I would be able to hide a document library based on user permissions?

Thanks.

go to the settings, permissions, and disable all permissions on it, don't even give read-only right..
only the team site admin will have permission on it (and this is normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back