Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get windows open with out pressing the F1 key

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcboy1

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
CA
This is what happened:
My CDRW quit reading cd, I used XP restore, still nothing used restore 3 more times then it all crashed. Installed a different CD reading, Formated hard drive at C:windows I then reinstall XP .
I removed the floppy drive BEFORE installing windows, in the set up menu it says floppy disk failure.
AS the computer boots up it hangs up at the posting screen saying floppy drive failure press F1. In the Set up screen the floppy drive is disabled and I have set the Hard Drive to boot with the CD as a second boot
How do I get windows open with out pressing the F1

Disable the floppy disk support in the BIOS. It is a BIOS error message in any case. When the BIOS expects a floppy a does not have one, it complains. So, tell the BIOS the floppy is disabled, rather than leave it expecting to find one at startup.

Ok
Sorry for the confusion in the Bios it disabled and I still get the message

Maybe you can set the option in the bios to only halt on keyboard errors, or no errors at all.
But, I would try to fix the floppy. Check that the data cable is still tight.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back